Products include transportable radiation monitoring systems (TRMS) that can be used to monitor freight, vehicle, package container and passenger. These radiation monitoring systems are sensitive to both gamma and neutron radiation. They are well suited for use at any location which mobile monitoring is needed to be performed such as border crossings, ports of entry, airports, public facilities and parking lots, among others.
The modular design of Nucsafe mobile monitoring systems uses one or more radiation sensor panels (RSPs). Each RSP contains one or more neutron Smart detectors made of a unique neutron sensitive scintillating glass fiber (PUMA panels) or traditional He-3 pressurized gas tubes and one or more gamma ray Smart detectors made of polyvinyl toluene (PVT) plastic scintillator or sodium iodide NaI(Tl) detectors.
- Sensitivity as low as 0.8 nSv/h
- 1024 channel gamma spectroscopy system to perform special energy analysis
- Patented helium-3 electronics
- Network ready
- Speed measurement in and out with average
- Remote service monitoring and diagnosis
- Extremely low false alarm rates (<1 in 15,000)
- Traffic management
- ISO manufactured
- Patented background correction algorithm for superior signal to noise ratio
- >50 liters detector volume
- Low power consumption
- Integrated alarm and vehicle scanned database
- Sophisticated occupancy sensor state engine