Source-Free Realism in Radiation Protection Training Offering employees the ability to train as they work drives success in the mastery of tasks associated with their job. Proficiency, safety, performance all contribute to the mutual success of the organization and the people who drive it. The Contamination Monitor Simulators are destined to place radiation protection training programs in the nuclear industry at the forefront of technique and effectiveness.
The SD900 Simulated Alarming Dosimeter is the only instrument of it’s type in the industry. This simulator can stand alone or work in concert with the SP900 Probe Pak and Simulated Meter product lines to accumulate dose at the same varying rate as the simulator it is paired with. An SD900 paired with an SP900 Probe Pak or Simulated Meter comprise a simulator set. This pairing faithfully replicates accumulated dose independent of other paired simulator sets operating in the same common area.
The SD900 is designed to resemble a typical dosimeter. Its operating characteristics can be customized to reproduce alarm functions, patterns and tones specific to an original equipment manufacturer dosimeter. Variable dial remote controllers used to direct the SP900 Probe Paks and Simulated Meters are also used to direct the dosimeter. For example if a varying rate between ~1 mR/h and ~125 mR/h is sent via the remote controller to an SP900 or Simulated Meter, its paired SD900 also receives a continuous transmission of the varying rate between the same limits and accurately integrates accumulated dose accordingly. Alarms will be generated for exceeding both dose and dose rate at individually user-defined limits.
The SD900 presents the operation of a simulated radiation detection system unparalleled in radiation-related industries and brings to the forefront of radiation training a true “train like you work” standard.
Features of the SD900 include:
- Top mounted LCD display with uR, mR and R indicators. Sv units can be displayed as well
- Functions alone with a remote or in conjunction with SP900 Probe Paks and Simulated Meters
- Customized dose and rate alarm tones and patterns to match dosimeter manufacturer qualities
- Adjustable dose and rate alarm set points
- Operate multiple dosimeters with a single remote controller
- Tone option for indicating every mR accumulated
- Vibrating and visual LED alarm options
- TIMED mode to operate without a remote to achieve a dose alarm in a specific amount of time or at a pre-determined rate
- Battery capacity indicator
- Powered by standard AAA alkaline batteries
- Compact sized case with pocket clip